Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kewanee IL Photographer | Back Lighting Practice

I recently had the opportunity to shoot with a fellow photographer to learn about back lighting. A lot of the photos that I swoon over are back lit and hazy and yummy! So when I got the chance to maybe learn a little about it, I jumped all over it. Most of the back lit photos I've taken thus far have been trial and error in the moment. It was nice to take my time and think about why it worked and why it didn't without the pressure of a client over your shoulder and having someone to bounce ideas off of was an added bonus. We used my beautiful niece as a model and she took direction well and was beyond patient with 3 people (her mother included, she got a quick lesson in photography) pointing their cameras at her. I am very happy with the way they turned out and I learned a lot. The next night I took my 2 year old son out. I got more practice and a couple canvas-worthy shots. Thank you so much to Izzi for being a gorgeous model as always, Darcy for making a beautiful child, and Rachael for inviting me along. Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment